It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!
Work Based Learning Overview
The Work-Based Learning Program has been created as a supplement to formal vocational and classroom training. Its intent is to add significantly to the impact and vitality of courses that a student will complete.
Objectives emphasized by the Work-Based Learning Program are:
- to provide opportunities for high school students to explore areas of academic or career interest within local businesses and industries which will assist them in making informed occupational choices;
- to prepare students with the entry level skills and professional habits required to be successful in the workplace;
- to expand the students' personal growth through contact with employers, customers, supervisors, teachers and work-based learning coordinators;
The goals of the Work-Based Learning Program are:
- to provide the students with an experience relevant to the classroom and their career goals;
- to meet the employment demands of today's business and industry with a competitive workforce
The student must meet the following criteria to be eligible for work-based learning training:
1. be at least sixteen years of age;
Students shall earn one Carnegie unit (120 hours) toward graduation upon successful completion of supervised work experience. Students can earn one-half of a Carnegie unit (60 hours) for semester courses.
Current Co-op students should complete and return this time sheet to Ms. Fox every two weeks.
Students that would like to participate in a Cooperative learning experience should complete this application and the insert found below.
These inserts include teacher recommendation forms that will need to be completed with the WBL Application.